And we’re back!
It’s October and officially my favorite weather. I have been sleeping in a comforter burrito every night and it’s the best thing in the world.
I’m still not back on track like I was before with my Korean study. However, I have been hearing it more since I went back to Dramafever. Korean variety shows are a fantastic way to learn everyday useful vocabulary. I’m formulating an evil little plan to make it more organized.
German is managing to hang on. I still haven’t been able to find any good crime shows online yet so I’ve just been watching the dubbed version of Criminal Minds season 8 that I got in Berlin earlier this year. The next 90-day Language Challenge cycle (after this one), I’m going to give it a go with German. I was thinking about doing Korean instead, but I’m determined to get my German at a level where I feel actually competent. Onward and upward!
- I’m going to continue rewatching Criminal Minds and actively try to pick out some new vocabulary. I will literally never get tired of it because I love the show to death. I’m at the point in my language learning where I can watch a show or movie with little confusion. I can follow along well enough. But having seen the episodes a million times is an advantage. I know what’s going to happen, and it’ll make it easier to connect the vocab dots!
- Start mentally preparing for the 90-Day Language Challenge when it kicks up again
- This means finding a new German teacher on italki as well. Was totally supposed to do that months ago but LOL
- I shall be diving into my new books soon! I switched one of my series out for a new one that will hopefully be better.
- Organize the vocabulary study from K-Variety shows. Start looking through italki for potential Korean teacher/tutor.
Where do I even start?
I’m halfway through my TEFL course and so far it seems to be going well. Last week was lesson planning and I was embarrassingly excited about it…
Secret projects number one and two are making progress. I’m hoping to have some super awesome things appearing in November. O_|
I’m a science geek at heart. Charts and graphs? LOVE. So every month that KoreaSquirrel does her language progress reports I get little stars in my eyes à la Steven Universe. It’s motivated me to finally get off my butt and seriously get down and dirty with tracking my language progress. I’m not sure how I’m going to do it yet but it’s 100% a goal of mine for October!
How about you? What are your goals for this month?