Hey hey! I’m back with my language goals for May and ready to kick some butt.
Korean has been going really well. I had to skip a week so I couldn’t finish out my package but I only have one more class. I’m going to do an evaluation of my progress and my teacher, but I have a feeling I’ll be continuing on with her. I’ve also learned a teensy bit of Spanish. I think if I cram on the plane rides over I’ll be set to get around for a few days.
A while ago I bought a Korean fairytale book for kids, and I’ve just recently started going through it and translating page by page. I have to say there are some pretty advanced grammar patterns in this little book, but it’s doing wonders for my reading comprehension. I actually do want to be a properly trained translator one day and am really enjoying the process.
- Translate one page a day from Dual Reader book.
- Find an exchange partner in the area.
- Finish out my beginner’s language package with my italki teacher and assess my progress. Book a new package.
- Continue to translate fairytale book. Aim for one page a week.
- Create Anki flashcards of vocabulary I learn from the fairytale book.
- Find an easy webtoon to start.
- Continue to study very basic vocabulary
- See if there are any cool meetups in the areas where I’m staying
What are your plans for this month?
Sign up for ALL the shenanigans
Enter your email below for updates and access to the Resource Center!