Heyo, back with another list of goals for this month.
So…Korean. I have a weird relationship with Korean right now. I do enjoy going to my classes, but I honestly feel like I learned more studying myself. The grammatical concepts are introduced WAY too quickly. And honestly, if you don’t study a lot outside of class you’ll be hella lost. I think if they try to make us jump from Advanced 1 to Conversational I’ll end up taking Japanese instead and studying Korean at home on the side. I haven’t learned anything new with Korean really and I feel bad. I love the language but I’ve been too busy to learn properly. Gotta fix that.
German. My dear. My love. How I have neglected you. 🙁
I still haven’t recovered from the fact that my German teacher has to leave. And I don’t know how soon I’ll replace her. We still have to have our last session and I’m dreading it. I bought a grammar workbook and I’ve done some video watching here or there but not much. Although I did test out of the majority of the Duolingo German tree. Seriously, I was SO slacking on language learning during June.
Except for French…
I’ve actually been keeping up with it! I really really like Mosalingua. Flashcards have never really worked for me, but the fact that there’s sound plus 95% of them have accompanying pictures make it so much easier for words and phrases to stick. I think I’ll be able to mumble out the basics when I head to Montreal at the end of the month!
Now onto what should be happening in July
- Keep up with the self-study; I have almost finished my beginner textbooks
- Create a new study plan with set study times
- Try out a mock TOPIK test just to see what I’m up against here
- Have the last session with my Italki teacher
- Think about hiring a new teacher
- Work through first 2 chapters of my grammar workbook
- Work through first 2 chapters of my C1 workbook
- Finish the duolingo tree
- Keep up a learning streak for the whole month
- Try to write a paragraph in super basic French
Phew, that was a lot. How about you?
Sign up for ALL the shenanigans
Enter your email below for updates and access to the Resource Center!