This month went slightly better than last but I still need to come up with more time to complete my language goals.
Korean class has officially ended until August so I have my Thursday nights free again. I managed to get my Korean homework done every week but I have yet to finish Ehwa and Integrated Korean. It’s been driving me mad but lately, I’ve been spending a lot of time on the blog and other sooper seekrit things.
I have, however, begun collecting material for the TOPIK. I have a few examples of the newly formatted tests ,and I think I want to concentrate the most on my writing. Mango languages has been going well, although I think I need to skip ahead a few lessons.
German! I started up my Italki classes again. But of course, because 2016 is the year of wtf’s I’m going to have to find another teacher for a while. My current teacher is going to stop at the end of June because she’s doing her dissertation and she’s definitely going to need to concentrate. She’s going to push me extra hard for these last few sessions, though, and I’m actually excited for a challenge. I haven’t really tried Mosalingua for German yet because I’ve been doing the French one.
Speaking of French, I’ve been doing Mosalingua almost daily (I keep breaking my streak on accident) and I think it’s actually sticking this time around! It’s still harder for me than German was but this just reinforces my theory that my teachers were just all terrible.
- I want to try Anki again. I’ve been doing some research and I’m convinced I was using the system wrong. I have serious issues remembering vocab so I want to create an Anki deck to get it to stick a little bit.
- Give the Mango Language Korean course some actual attention.
- My Italki teacher gave me some pretty in-depth assignments so I’m going to try my best to really improve my writing.
- Mittelpunkt textbook. I want to get through at least one chapter every other week.
- I bought a grammar reference book because I have none for German and that’s unacceptable.
- I’m still super amused that it’s actually sticking this time around. Mosalingua is actually working for me!
- I’m trying my hardest to be able to get to Montreal in July so I want to have at least a little bit of functional French in my brain.
What are your language goals for this month?
Sign up for ALL the shenanigans
Enter your email below for updates and access to the Resource Center!