Hi! I’m LeDonna and I love languages.
My obsession with languages started pretty much by accident. From the time I was about five years old I was convinced that I was going to be a marine biologist when I grew up. Spoiler alert: that so did not happen. However, along the way, I learned that I was really good at picking up languages. Like, really good. Not to toot my own horn or anything but language learning is something that comes easier to me than say, math. Of any type. Math is evil. Plus I actually enjoy studying them so I usually don’t feel like faceplanting on my desk. Usually.
I started Discovering Language to help chronicle my ups and downs of language learning. I have a laundry list of languages I want to become at least somewhat proficient in, and it would be nice if I could help other language learners along the way, especially when it comes to organization!
Right now I’m focusing on improving my German and Korean.
So, questions? Comments? Pictures of cute animals? Hit me up!
Bonus! Ten Things About Me That Are Totally Awesome Even Though I’m A Lazypants:
- I love puppies. No really, I am obsessed with puppies, especially pugs. It’s cause they’re so squishy and fat.
- I love languages almost as much as I love puppies, which is still a whole lot.
- I used to play the violin and I plan to take it up again sometime before I die.
- I swear a lot and I’m still cute 🙂
- I have an unhealthy amount of music in about a trillion different languages.
- Kingdom Hearts is the worst thing ever to happen to my feels and I love it.
- There are several movies/shows that I know entirely by heart, pretty much line for line. Coraline is one of them.
- If I could subsist entirely on meat I probably would. I think I was a velociraptor in a past life.
- I haven’t watched anime as religiously as I used to but Fullmetal Alchemist is hands down my favorite. Seriously, it’s amazing. Go watch it.
- Hikki (Utada Hikaru) is my all time favorite music artist and I would probably burst into tears instantly if I ever met her. Because I’m cool like that.
Sign up for ALL the shenanigans
Enter your email below for updates and access to the Resource Center!